Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday's Flop

A lot of blogs that I read have a special category for special days.  So, in lieu of the circumstances today, I think I am going to designate Fridays for flops--that is flops that happen in my week to remind me that I am human and still learning. Today's flop was banana bread.  The last time I made it, it was an even worse flop, so this one isn't quite as bad. Don't get me wrong, I usually have banana bread turn out perfectly, but these last 2 haven't been so great.  The last loaf I made didn't even get done in the middle, at all.  I had read that if you put a SMALL bowl of water in the oven with it, the crust won't get so brown.  Notice my emphasis on "small".  Yeah, I chose a large bowl and sat it underneath the loaf.  It checked out great with a toothpick, but the lower half was just like hot lava, only a different color.  This time, I used a much smaller bowl and made sure it was done, it just didn't come out of the pan very well.
     This makes me rethink that dream I've had of opening my own bakery.........or baking Christmas gifts.........or even having company over...........sigh, at least it will still taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment