Saturday, December 29, 2012

Papaya to the Rescue!

     One of my most favorite natural cures came to our rescue a few weeks ago.  We made a quick trip out of town to take some time off and enjoy some shopping and museums in the big city.  On the way down, my husband started complaining of very bad stomach cramps. By the time we arrived at the motel, he was doubled over and in extreme pain.  I was discouraged. I imagined him huddled in the bathroom all night and one by one, the rest of us in turn.  So, I turned to my favorite magic tummy cure: papaya enzymes.
     This is one of my favorite cures because it works almost immediately. We had a friend that worked for us.  He arrived at work one morning and was doubled over with stomach pain (of course the donuts and mountain dew that he had for breakfast had nothing to do with it!!).  He took 5 of these pills and was better immediately. He was amazed and called them "magic pills". 
     The papaya contains natural enzymes in the form of bromelain that aids in digestion.  However, fresh papaya is hard to come by these days and very hard to carry around with you!  These pills solve the problem. When there is an upset in the digestive juices in your stomach, the outcome is a stomach ache.  Adding more digestive enzymes helps to restore the balance and take care of the problem.  Raw apple also works, but papaya pills are more concentrated.
    
 
     I purchase these at Walmart.  They are not very expensive and a good thing to keep around.  They taste great and are easy to chew. My kids think they are candy. Sometimes I wonder about their complaints about tummy aches.....they love having papaya and when one child gets some, they all get some!  When there is real stomach trouble, it works immediately to soothe the pain.  When we eat at a restaurant or have some meal that is hard to digest, I pass around the papaya to everyone as a preventative measure. I have jars of these pills stashed everywhere around the house in strategic places.  I carry a constant supply in my purse.  My husband, who doesn't do a lot of natural stuff, swears by them and carries a supply in his lunch bucket.
 
 
     This is another version that I like to use.  These are mint flavored and available on eBay.  They are different in that they have a slight mint flavor, which is good at comforting an upset stomach.
     In this season when stomach trouble is rampant and the flu bug is just around the corner, stock up on some papaya enzymes.  You may be able to ward off the  impending virus by adding some enzymes to your system.  I usually let the kids eat 2 at a time, but when there is a serious problem, you can take up to 5 every hour.  My mom insists that she kept a violent stomach bug away by taking papaya every hour when she first felt sick!  It's worth a try!
     Well, the papaya rescued our family vacation. Within a few  hours, the couple of doses of papaya pills did the trick and my husband was better and eating supper!  Thank you, papaya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment